The Medical Records Technician is responsible for abstracting, compiling, and maintaining medical records requests related to Quality Based Incentive programs. The position is also responsible for performing clerical office and support duties to ensure efficient operations of the Medical Informatics Department.
- Process medical records copying request received by MCMF. Comply with all copying medical records, copying request while adhering to all legal mandates for copying medical records, including constraints and confidentiality issues.
- Correctly identify patient on medical record copying request by searching for correct medical record number in EMR system.
- Daily logs in all medical records into Epic ROI for Health Plan requests. Enter accurate and pertinent information related to Quality indicators and or HEDIS requests.
- Monitoring processed to improve data capture, prepare analysis reports summarizing opportunities for improvements.
- Works as a team player and communicates in a positive manner with co-workers, managers, and other contacts.
- Maintains current with overview of Quality Metrics programs for which MCMF is a participant.
- Provide administrative and office support activities for the Quality department.
- Perform any additional or miscellaneous duties as requested by the management team within the scope of knowledge and ability.
Apply on company website