Purpose Statement / Position Summary
The Lead position is to provide back-up supervision for the department when scheduling of Supervisors cannot provide full coverage to adequately supervise employees. Collaborates with the Manager and Supervisors to coordinate, monitor, and control all Food and Nutrition Department operations including Cafeteria, Kitchen, Catering, Physician Lounge, Tray Line, Dish room, and Storeroom. Assures that all operations are conducted according Saddleback Memorial Medical Center and Food and Nutrition Department policies and procedures. Responsibilities include supervising all employees in the performance of their duties, conducting on the job training and maintaining safety and sanitation standards.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Memorial Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with the core values. The employee shall support Saddleback Memorial Medical Center's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the performance improvement plan.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Open and close department.
- Follow departmental money handling procedures.
- Supervise employees in the department.
- Monitor tray line, cafeteria, and catering for timely delivery of services.
- Monitor safety, sanitation, and security practices.
- Prepare paperwork according to assignments.
- Assist in planning and implementation of work redesign of efficiency and quality.
- Evaluate and counsel employees in the absence of a supervisor.
- Use the hospital computer system.
- Be at work and be on time
- Follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Prioritize and multitask
Apply on company website