Schedules and revises the surgery schedules. Performs all related duties as assigned. Ensures patient confidentiality when scheduling cases and posting the schedule. Coordinates effectively with other departments, medical staff offices and physicians throughout the scheduling process.
- To produce and maintain accurate and complete information in scheduling, developing and revising the daily operating schedule and billing for services and resources provided in compliance with the essential structural framework for provision of patient care. Posses the ability to provide leadership skills and interpersonal behaviors that positively contribute to unit and staff functioning.
- Analyzes, correlates and processes patient records, reports and statistical data, ensuring accurate record keeping. Verifies completeness of Physician and Nurse's notes prior to requesting authorization and scheduling. Works closely with Physicians to ensure timely completion of surgery booking sheets
- Assists in carrying out clerical skills which support the efficient operations of the department. Computerizes activities for efficiency and ease. Identifies unit or system problems and develops action plan for change. Develops systems for tracking accurate quantitative data.
- Initiates and develops effective communication to promote a cohesive environment and work relationships. Ensures that documentation is complete and easily retrievable for team members to verify status of surgery planning and scheduling.
- Requests authorizations for surgery timely and maintains communications with patients, families and team members regarding authorization status.
- Collaborates with nursing when patients need pre-operative clearance, specialty equipment during or after surgery.
Apply on company website