Utilizing appropriate documents and procedures, the Central Supply Tech must provide inventory and
replenish designated areas and ensure appropriate par levels. Must demonstrate the ability to safely
move products from the distribution area, utilizing a variety of moving devices including but not
limited to forklift, pallet jack and other supply carts. Must also use proper body mechanics to avoid
injury to self and others. Must be able to fill over-the counter and phone requests for medical and nonmedical
supplies. Must be able to use current computer systems and adapt to functional changes.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of
Saddleback Memorial Medical Center and Memorial Health Services, It is expected that the employee
demonstrate behavior consistent with the core values.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
1. Work in a fast paced environment.
2. Utilize integrated computer information system.
3. Safely move products from Central Supply throughout the Medical Center using various
equipment including, but not limited to, pallet- jack, and other supply carts.
4. Maintain accurate records, reports and files per policy
5. Appropriately communicate with all levels of management.
6. Be at work and be on time
7. Follow company policies, procedures and directives
8. Interact in a positive and constructive manner
9. Prioritize and multitask
10. “Other duties as assigned”
Essential Job Outcomes
1. Effectively replenishes supplies using method specific to service area.
2. Utilizes computer system to transact and fulfill order requirements.
3. Receives manual requisition; fills order and delivers to requestor.
4. Utilizes Pyxis supply station completely and accurately.
5. Receives phone requests, appropriately document, and delivers items.
6. Documents issues and returns promptly; storing or delivering items where they belong.
7. Distributes supplies in a safe and efficient manner, through proper usage of equipment and
proper body mechanics.
8. Follows first in first out rotation of stock.
9. Maintains storeroom in orderly condition by removing boxes and placing items in proper
10. Provides complete and accurate documentation utilizing appropriate forms as defined per
11. Effectively communicates to those around him.
12. Can problem solve, involving others when and where necessary.
13. Reports all safety or service issues to the Supervisor.
Apply on company website