The Application Data Analyst supports operational processesand internal process improvement initiatives to advance the reliability of careand outcomes across the health system. Under the guidance of the Manager ofPhysician Quality & Patient Safety, the Application Data Analyst willinteract with executive management and other key management staff, teams ofclinicians, support department staff and peer review coordinators. TheApplication Data Analyst identifies and supports areas of analytical focus forthe organization's quality of service, care delivery performance, and evaluationof potential areas of opportunity and risk. The Application Data Analystcreates and utilizes internal analytical tools/data sets (e.g. risk data,claims data, financial data, clinical/provider data) to produce meaningfulreports for key stakeholders' interpretation and dissemination.Essential Job Functions
- Participates with medical staff leadership and physicians/clinicians to identify and facilitate implementation of best practices and enhancements to processes or stands to support mitigation of risk and improvement of quality.
- Produces reports and presentations on quality and conducts drill down analysis to proactively identify specific variance in practice patterns. Works collaboratively with report requestors, providing guidance to define repot requirements and validate results.
- Functions as a workgroup or team leader for portions of large and/or entire small projects, including system/practice implementation, service line quality initiatives, and re-engineering of current processes.
- Participates in the education and training of physicians & staff related to applications (Crimson) and analysis /coordination through on-the-job instruction, and formal training programs.
- Identifies opportunities for operational inefficiencies and collaborates with QA leadership for implementation. Uses Lean principles in work processes.
- Works collaboratively across departments to understand and meet the organization's clinical quality analytic needs.
- Coordinates and provides on-going technical support and training to physicians and management.
- Meets productivity and timeline targets and uses tools to track activities and timelines.
- Ability to rearrange work schedule to accommodate department meetings/medical staff committees.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
Apply on company website