Medical Director - Hospice and Supportive Medicine Opening in Houston, Texas
Facility: ***Memorial Hermann PALLIATIVE CARE/SUPPORTIVE MEDICINE | GREATER HOUSTON AREA
Address: Houston, TX
Specialty: Family Medicine
Hospice & Palliative Care
No J1 or H1
OVERVIEW: Medical Director - Hospice and Supportive Medicine
Medical Director - Hospice and Supportive Medicine
Memorial Hermann Medical Group is seeking an experienced Board Certified Physician to lead our Division of Hospice and Supportive Medicine.
Supports and promotes a model of care that advances health and enhances reimbursement through value-based purchasing and shared risk opportunities. Builds relationships and establishes credibility with physicians and other providers around Palliative care and hospice strategies system-wide. Champions strategies with key stakeholder to improve practice patterns, ensure appropriate and timely consultations, improved care transitions, and cost reduction among specific populations. Reinforces and models a culture that emphasizes complimentary and coordinated care in the best interest of the patient. Provides dyadic leadership with the operational leaders for Supportive Medicine and Hospice.
* Doctorate Degree in Medicine
* Licensed to Practice Medicine in the state of Texas by the Texas Medical Board
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a physician leadership role with a focus on palliative medicine or hospice
* Fellowship trained in Hospice and Palliative Care
* Knowledge in growing programs from the inpatient setting into the ambulatory and home
* Able to support both inpatient palliative care, outpatient palliative care and all hospice programs.
* Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to concisely explain to providers the organizations preventive and chronic disease management programs
* Ability to work collaboratively to achieve established goals and exercise independent judgment with minimal supervision or oversight
* Experience in analyzing clinical data and conveying findings to providers in an understandable and effective manner in which to elicit positive change
* Build a cohesive Palliative Care and Hospice model that bridges the outpatient and inpatient needs of our patients
* Provides data and guidance to regional clinical leaders around priorities, gaps in care, holding them accountable to drive the improved performance within their appropriate
* Partners with the Memorial Hermann Physician leadership to ensure tighter alignment between outpatient providers, inpatient providers and post-acute providers
* Works collaboratively with System Service Line leadership to ensure that there is ample clinical support dedicated so specific patient populations
* Communicates to stakeholders regarding key performance metrics and clinical quality outcomes
* Develops growth strategy, assessing geographical gaps and network adequacy for inpatient and outpatient palliative care and hospice services
* Conducts site visits, assess potential and current providers for meeting standards, and partner with network management leadership for alignment and network changes as needed
* Develops Transitional Care Program to ensure safe and effective care transitions to home or ambulatory palliative program
* Educates service line leaders and hospitalist groups on Palliative Care Initiatives
* Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service
* Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff
* Other duties as assigned
* Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
ABOUT MEMORIAL HERMANN MEDICAL GROUP
As part of the Memorial Hermann Health System, Memorial Hermann Medical Group (MHMG) brings together many of Houston's leading providers under one organization for better coordination in healthcare delivery.
Established in 2006, the Memorial Hermann Medical Group (MHMG) includes primary care physicians, specialists and advanced practice providers who all share a single focus - to practice evidenced-based medicine in order to provide an exceptional level of collaborative, quality patient-centered care. With approximately 200 providers and over 60 clinics, MHMG creates the structure that facilitates this collaboration and mutual commitment toward common desired behaviors and outcomes.
Benefits of employment include a competitive compensation package with a productivity ,,,,,,bonus and comprehensive practice management that includes:
* Billing and Collections
* Insurance Contracting
* Human Resource/Staffing Support
* Leading-edge Information Technology
ABOUT MEMORIAL HERMANN HEALTH SYSTEM
At Memorial Hermann, we are redefining healthcare. As the largest not-for-profit health system in Southeast Texas, Memorial Hermann has 16 hospitals and numerous specialty programs and services ,,,conveniently located ,,,throughout the Greater Houston area. Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center is one of the nation's busiest Level I trauma centers and the primary teaching hospital for The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Medical School. ,,,
We offer leading-edge diagnostic technologies and treatment techniques as well as Houston's first health information exchange that shares vital patient data among care providers, helping ,,,to ensure patients receive the right care at the right time. ,,, We use resources to make a real difference in the health of our community, contributing in excess of $300 million annually in uncompensated care and community benefit programs, including an award-winning network of public school-based health centers.
Our medical staff physicians and employees practice evidence-based medicine and are committed to rigorous performance measurement and quality-improvement activities. This relentless focus on quality and patient safety continues to result in national awards and recognition. ,,,For our 5,500 affiliated physicians and our 21,000 employees, it means exercising uncompromising commitment to deliver the best healthcare possible.
Alive with energy and rich in diversity, Houston, Texas is a dynamic mix of outstanding performing and visual arts venues, local teams representing all major sports, countless restaurants offering a variety of excellent cuisine and world-class attractions. ,,,,,,,With a vibrant economy, Houston is home to thriving businesses include growth in high-technology industries, medical research, health care and professional services. ,,,,,,,Houston is known internationally as the home of one of the best medical communities in the world with the Texas Medical Center (TMC), the largest medical center in the world, only 10 minutes from downtown Houston. With its beautiful surroundings, mild year-round climate, low cost of living and high quality of life, Houston, TX has much to offer.
OPPORTUNITY ID: SuppPallCare_Med Director *MH*
Medical Director - Hospice and Supportive Medicine Opening in Houston, TexasLocationFacility: ***Memorial Hermann PALLIATIVE CARE/SUPPO...
Apply on company website