Summary: Coach, educate, and regulate the driver orientation process, while working closely with all aspects of the different departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties as assigned
- Coach and mentor students and new hire drivers through the phases of orientation
- Explain and collect new hire paperwork from the new drivers
- Coordinate and adjust the orientation class schedule to ensure all material is properly covered, involving interaction with all facets of the company.
- Perform road tests and integrity interviews
- Train new hires in safety procedures and correct tarp and load securement techniques
- Purchase fuel and supplies including driver lunches and DOT compliance
Physical Demands: It is necessary to talk, hear, sit, walk, type, write, and move with a full range of motion. It is necessary to be able to lift up to 80 lbs.
Special Skills: Must be able to speak clearly and to a large group of people, is also necessary to work and deal with many different personalities. Is required to give marketing-style presentations and deal with high-pressure situations. Needs to be able to multi task and maintain a schedule, while staying flexible to change. Communication skills and the ability to coach and motivate others are necessary for this position.
Education and/or Experience: Must be very familiar with the OTR trucking industry with at least 6 months to 1 year of experience as an OTR driver. Is required to maintain a Class A CDL. A training or educational background with college education is preferred. Sales and customer service training or experience also beneficial. Flatbed experience preferred.
Apply on company website