Summary: Melton Truck Lines is honored that many veterans have selected us for their second career. Roughly 25% of those employed at Melton Truck Lines are or formerly served in our US Military. Our business model hauls freight safely across the United States providing necessary goods for economic development and our daily lives. We've found that veterans share many of the same values we do at Melton including high standards for quality, strong self-discipline to meet strict requirements and commitment to serving our country.
Job Overview: Recruit, develop, and establish relationships with potential driving candidates who are, or have previously served in the U.S. Military. Build relationships with military and veteran affiliated groups and resources including but not limited to military installations and veteran resource groups. This position requires 20-40% travel to multiple locations and states.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties as assigned
- Develop and maintain relationships with military and veteran affiliated groups.
- Attend local meetings and information sessions supporting veteran hiring to network, expand knowledge in veteran recruiting and retention, voice employer needs, and build Melton's presence.
- Expand relationships with organizations beyond Oklahoma.
- Build relationships with TAP offices at military installations with military personnel transitioning who would organically be a good fit to driving (such as drivers and mechanics).
- Build relationships with Federal and State Veteran Employment Programs, Non-profit employment programs focused on veteran populations.
- Develop and maintain a better process for building our veteran pipeline, including more consistent and timely follow-up on all veteran leads from any advertising efforts.
- Routinely attend military and civilian job fairs.
- Communicate consistently with Fastport on improving their recruiting efforts that represent Melton.
- Assist in the execution of Melton's driver and veteran apprenticeship program.
- Assist in the development and execution of Melton's military program strategy and making recommendation for Melton to be veteran-ready.
- Recommend and help develop advertising campaigns that include email campaigns, direct mail projects, call-campaigns, newspapers, magazines, and other media sources emphasizing on driver candidate, student and military recruitment.
- Research and educate Melton about the Military Skills Waiver, Joint Service Transcript and other programs which could mutually benefit veterans and Melton.
- Research and educate Melton about veteran organizations affiliated with the National Association of Publicly Funded Truck Driving Schools and the Commercial Vehicle Training Association.
- Qualify and disqualify applicants by conducting health questionnaires & integrity interviews. Determine and inform individuals on pay and benefits.
- Independently evaluate where company employment guidelines may disqualify otherwise qualified candidates, and pursue exceptions with management, legal, and senior HR officers to permit recommended hiring.
- Maintain documentation compliance with the Department of Transportation, the Department of Labor, Veterans Affairs and any other organizations requiring specific documentation according to government regulations or special programs we offer.
Confidentiality: Has proficiency and maintains confidentiality with the following candidate and personnel documents: Personnel, medical, and DOT files including applications, DAC reports, background checks, employment verifications, sensitive contracts.
Travel and Attendance: Travel intrastate and interstate for regular on-site contacts is required. When not scheduled to travel, regular onsite job attendance is required to facilitate effective interaction with others.
Education and/or Experience: Former military service or experience working with the military is required. Recruiting, logistics, and/or truck driving military experience is preferred. A military driver's license may be requested if military truck driving experience is used. Experience or training in customer service, sales and/or telemarketing is an asset.
Special Training: Must be familiar with Microsoft programs and the Internet. Familiarity with Social Media platforms is preferred.
Special Skills: The ability to speak clearly and concisely to large groups of people and give marketing style presentations is necessary. Also, good communication skills, knowledge of interview/interrogation techniques, and the ability to deal with a high-pressure environment are all important.
Physical Demands: It is necessary to talk, hear, sit, walk, type, and write. It is occasionally necessary to lift up to 25 lbs.
Apply on company website