Company: Melton Truck Lines
Location: Birmingham, AL
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Transportation, Logistics, Trucking
Summary: The Inspection Bay Technician performs heavy-duty truck and trailer safety inspections, minor truck repairs, and stocks trucks with proper equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties as assigned.
- Performs and/or assists in the performance of truck, trailer, and load inspection, as well as general interior and mirror placement inspections for visibility.
- Documents needed truck and trailer repairs for shop foreman to distribute work to mechanics
- Maintains good driver relations.
- Stocks new trucks with tarps, chains, binders, and bungees prior to trucks being issued.
- Helps maintain a neat and orderly working area and properly handles and cares of company tools and equipment.
- Follows safety practices and shop regulations.
- Advises the Leadman/Foreman of needed equipment repair.
- Completes paperwork as required to accurately document the work performed on vehicles and inspection regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Requires hands on experience.
- Necessary tools to perform position responsibilities.
- Physical requirements include:
- Near & midrange vision
- Ability to work alone and under stress.
- Walking, bending, stooping, crouching, pushing, pulling, twisting and reaching.
- Lifting 75 pounds or more, sometimes shoulder height and above.
- Ability to use pneumatic tools.
- Using hands, wrists, elbows and shoulder for repetitive motion tasks.
- Ability to work in seasonal heat and cold; amidst noise and dust.
Apply on company website