Summary: This position is accountable for managing a group of about 50 drivers with the dual goals of maintaining a high level of on time delivery and overall service and supporting driver needs. The position holds a high level of responsibility of service, productivity and driver retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages drivers via telephone and Qualcomm in regards to:
- On-time delivery
- Safety issues
- Driver satisfaction
- Verbal dispatch of load assignments
- Home time
- Pay issues including driver advances
- Maintenance issues
- Hours of service (logs)
- Trip planning / routing
- Fuel conservation
2. Uses Innovative System and Fleet Commander to monitor fleet activity to ensure on-time driver service.
3. Coordinates pre-calls and directions.
4. Manages drivers' time in service and time off to maximize productivity and properly utilize equipment.
5. Identifies, investigates and documents all service alerts.
6. Evaluates driver performance and recommends disciplinary action as required.
7. Coordinates and resolves driver issues with other departments.
8. Investigates and recommends action on additional pay issues to the Floor Supervisor.
Qualification Requirements: Education and/or Experience: High school diploma required, college degree preferred. Must have two years of customer service experience.
Special Training: Needs to be familiar with computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel, and Innovative AS400 System. Special Skills: Must be able to type minimum of 35wpm, communicate clearly, handle stressful situations and pay close attention to detail. Must also be able to work and perform as a team player. Must be able to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, and manage a diverse workforce.
Physical Demands: It is necessary to talk, hear, sit, write, type. It is occasionally necessary to lift up to 25 lb
Apply on company website