Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!The Analyst position is an entry level role on the Indirect Procurement Enablement team. This role is responsible for applying analytics that will assist in decision making for diverse supplier strategy and implementation.
What You'll be Doing:
- Provide strategic analysis by in modeling opportunities to assess risk and recommend procurement decisions
- Applying quantitative methods, supplier management, data mining, and analytical tools to support business needs, sourcing events and budget development across all business areas.
- Partner and consult on report and tool solution designs that apply best in class analytics
- Effectively communicate business analysis and provide recommendations for improvements
- Keeps customer at the center of analytic approach, analysis and solutions and partner with cross functional teams to drive customer centricity at Meijer
- Partner with reporting teams to improve reporting effectiveness and highlight variances
- Collaborate and build strong business relationships with internal business customers
- Leverage disparate data sources for holistic understanding to solve complex business problems
- Understand corporate policies and system functionality to enforce compliance to procurement systems and adherence to Indirect Procurement policies
- Support development of sourcing and procurement processes that impact the supplier diversity metrics
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field.
- 1-2 years business experience in an analytics field or related professional environment. Retail or Consumer facing industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP/Ariba, Microstrategy
- Experience with applications used for analytical, quantitative, and to apply statistical techniques and tools to derive insights from large, complex data environments solving complex and ambiguous business problems in a timely manner.
- Active curiosity—Must enjoy gathering and digging deeply into data to identify opportunities and risks.
- Strong work ethic complemented by a positive, can-do attitude.
- Team player: audit and improve existing processes, collaborate with senior team members and contribute to the team's success. Ability to influence without authority in a cross functional team setup.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, verbal and written.
- Ability to develop communications and presenting to cross functional partners.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills with ability to prioritize multiple/competing projects and assignments.
Apply on company website