Today, we have more than 65,000 employees with the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!This role is responsible for managing sourcing activities and supplier relationships within a specific category. They will maximize value by reducing overall costs while improving the quality and overall supply requirements of goods and services purchased in each category.
What You'll be Doing:
- Develop and implement supply category strategies, applying best-in-class procurement processes and technology, managing special projects, and driving procurement / supplier initiatives.
- Develop and execute RFPs/RFIs.
- Advise in the development and direction of category sourcing plans and cross functional teams directly connected with key stakeholders (budget and P&L owners).
- Provide leadership to drive continuous improvement in spend management processes and implemented tactics to drive compliance across the organization.
- Continually develop strong relationships with internal business partners across the company and stay connected to their individual business strategies and needs.
- Develop, execute and manage supplier contracts and agreements.
- Execute the defined strategic sourcing process and drive utilization of tools and techniques aligned with best-in-class procurement processes.
- Maintain a cross-functional perspective on spend and work effectively across functions with different objectives in the creation and implementation of procurement strategies for complex spend categories
- Assure full compliance with all regulations and responsible care guidelines.
What You'll Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration or related, MBA desired.
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience in a sourcing or commercial environment with a successful track record of developing and executing supplier or customer strategies and programs involving supplier partnerships / alliances.
- 3-5 years expertise in contracts management (either sourcing or commercial).
- Demonstrated skills in working effectively across business or functional lines and partnering with the businesses and departments to meet objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Professional, ethical personal conduct and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex pricing proposals and formulate a strategic plan.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix structure or lead teams across reporting lines.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proven ability to work across multiple projects at once.
Apply on company website