Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!This position will act as a point of contact for Corporate Partners within the Store Operations Support area, a key responsibility will be digital order fulfillment. This position will support all cross-functional projects to ensure proper execution, communication and roll out of cross-functional projects and initiatives to the stores.
What You'll be Doing:
- Manage operational execution for all Store Operations Support projects and other cross-functional designated projects
- Provides Operational Feedback to cross functional teams to ensure projects and key initiatives align with making stores easier to run
- Attends project kick offs, working team meetings and steering team meetings in order to identify areas of needed ops approval and feasibility of the project plan. Will work with Manager and Director on identifying next steps and areas of involvement within Operations
- Identifies root cause of operational issues and works with business partners to develop effective solutions for store teams to focus on OSA and reduction of store backroom inventory levels
- Anticipates obstacles and works with their Manager to deliver solutions for the stores
- Effectively communicates with cross-functional leadership to include Directors, Vice Presidents and Group Vice Presidents
- Ensures store execution of projects through detailed playbook instructions and roll out communication
- Manages key initiatives with cross functional corporate partners utilizing appropriate communication channels
- Develops business rules for corporate partners on ways to communicate with stores, operational process and acts as an escalation point when business rules are not followed
- Attends staff meetings of internal corporate partners to inform of operational expectations and to address questions and needs from each internal area
What You Bring With You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of retail leadership OR distribution and fulfillment experience
- Experience with picking, marshalling, and van scheduling processes a plus
- Knowledge of Foods, Hardlines and Softlines Merchandising and Operations
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project from end to end
- Demonstrated ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems, is excellent at analysis; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and succinctly to a variety of audiences from Senior Leadership to Team Members. Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Demonstrated ability to listen attentively and actively.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to both small nuances and complex situations in a way that he/she figures out the process necessary to get things done.
- Demonstrated ability to spend his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeroes in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside can quickly sense what will help or hinder the accomplishing a goal; eliminates roads blocks and creates focus
- Demonstrated skill to pursue everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up especially in the face of setbacks; works with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated skill to pick up on technical issues quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new retail industry subjects, product knowledge and technical knowledge; does well with technology
- Demonstrated ability to teach individuals and groups on complex matters. Is sought out to teach others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide information people need to know to do their jobs; provides accurate and timely information cross functionally.
Apply on company website