Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Meijer is seeking potential Store Director candidates for the Central IL Market. Candidates must be able to travel to all stores within the market to train, support or assume a Store Director Role in an existing location. Stores Locations within the Central IL Market include:
Terre Haute, IN
**** Selected candidates must be willing to relocate within the Market or Region to potentially fill a Store Director role if that need arises.
Accountable for retail team members at all levels to ensure delivery of the best possible shopping experience for our customers. Responsible for the total operation of the store while leading the unit in a manner consistent with our leadership expectations and core values to maximize the company's financial success. Must provide remarkable customer service and financial stability through the core functions of Retail Operations as well as maintain all operational and merchandising standards. The Store Director will develop a team that consistently meets goals for productivity and customer service.
What You'll be Doing:
- Achieves/exceeds sales, profit, labor, shrink and sanitation goals.
- Grocery Retail Leadership Experience as a Store Manager/Director (3 - 5 years or more Preferred)
- Food/Fresh Experience (a plus)
- Provides a safe environment by educating team members on safe work behavior and conditions and practicing 200% accountability; creates a safe shopping experience for customers.
- Achieves customer service survey goals.
- Recruits/develops/retains and grows talent at every level; promotes succession planning by providing career paths and identifying development needs for the team leaders.
- Oversees and directs store level operational processes.
- Ensures departments are stocked and merchandised to Meijer standards.
- Keeps current on competitive trends; investigates and analyzes strengths and weaknesses of direct competitors to create/leverage all possible advantages.
- Creates a community connection through involvement with community leaders, organizations and events to support the neighborhoods/customers we serve.
- Utilizes financial information to proactively address areas of concern/maximize areas of strength.
- Assists in ensuring store team is properly staffed and thoroughly trained in all aspects of their jobs and have completed all required training curricula.
- Maintains store regulatory compliance including but not limited to: alcohol, tobacco, firearms, WIC, product safety, food safety, team member and customer safety, AML, and environmental hazards.
- Performs other duties as required.
What You Bring With You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor degree in Business or related area.
- Must have significant prior retail experience, including Meijer grocery experience.
- Successful completion of Capstone and Store Director Orientation are required.
- MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE WITHIN THE REGION TO TRAIN, SUPPORT OR ASSUME A STORE DIRECTOR ROLE
- Requires an understanding of technical job requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret financial reports.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any required licenses.
- This position requires working mostly days with an occasional night shift. Working frequent weekends is also required to manage/oversee the store during peak shopping hours.
Apply on company website