Today, we have more than 65,000 employees with the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Currently, Meijer is looking for Software Engineer (Microsoft Technologies) for our Merchandising development team. This position is responsible for coding, configuration, testing, system performance optimization, and inter-operability issues. The Merchandising development teams support pricing and promotion applications and product and vendor management applications. The Software Developers will work with business product owners, developers, and quality analysts to drive value delivery and will participate in all phases of Agile software development.
What You'll be Doing:
- Codes, tests, and implements programs; develops system documentation according to SAFe Agile principles and industry standards.
- Participates in structured walkthroughs, secure coding, and technical reviews ensuring application coding and design follows secure coding and design principles.
- Performs unit tests, monitors results, and takes required corrective actions as needed.
- Assists in the deployment of applications.
- Optimizes and enhances applications and interfaces to meet SLA/functional requirements.
- Provides technical consultation in new systems development, new package system evaluations and enhancement of existing systems.
- Interfaces with the Product Owner and IT partners to develop acceptance criteria for features and user stories and ensures acceptance criteria are met.
- Works within the SAFe Agile framework and utilizes ITIL best practices.
- Performs feasibility studies/proofs of concept to evaluate solutions.
- Assists in the production support and maintenance of applications in accordance with ITIL as needed.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training is required.
- Any SAFe certification or training/experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a software engineer developing, building, testing, and deploying software (full-stack Microsoft technologies)
- 2+ years experience using and implementing continuous software delivery pipelines (CI/CD)
- Current experience with C# and REST
- Experience with design, development, and deployment of enterprise solutions with micro service architecture. (Azure preferred)
- Experience as a team member on project teams in a cross-functional environment. Experience on Agile teams is preferred.
- Experience in design and implementation of IT solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Ability to provide high level of quality and productivity.
Apply on company website