Today, we have more than 65,000 employees with the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Currently, Meijer is seeking an experienced Software Engineer who will design, develop, test, maintain and enhance business applications specifically for Workday HCM solution. The Senior Software Engineer works with the entire team to ensure development conforms to acceptance criteria and industry standards.
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will drive engagement with vendors, company customers, IT colleagues and other stakeholders to understand customer requirements and system interfaces, assess available technologies/vendor packages, and present solutions. This position will work with business product owners, developers, and quality analysts to drive value delivery and will participate in all phases of Agile software development.
What You'll be Doing:
- Designs, codes, tests, and implements programs.
- Performs unit tests, monitors results, and takes required corrective actions as needed.
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical consultation in new systems development, new vendor package system evaluations and enhancement of existing systems and integrations.
- Assists product owners in systems analysis and feature adoption planning.
- Coordinates structured walk-throughs, secure coding, and technical reviews ensuring application coding and design follows secure coding and design principles.
- Optimizes and enhances applications and interfaces to meet SLA/functional requirements.
- Interfaces with the Product Owner and IT partners to develop acceptance criteria for features and user stories and ensures acceptance criteria are met.
- Works within the SAFe Agile framework.
- Mentors and coaches other members of the agile team.
- Coordinates new product reviews, tests and pilots with other IT members, customers, and stakeholders.
- Coordinates feasibility studies/proofs of concept to evaluate solutions.
- Assists in the production support and maintenance of applications as needed.
- Actively participates in all team Agile ceremonies. This job role may also provide facilitation of activities for Agile teams within Meijer ITS as acting Scrum Master.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training is required.
- Any SAFe training or experience on agile teams is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 Years' experience in systems development and programming.
- Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Strong knowledge of development tools, programming languages (.NET, Java, etc.), SQL, and testing.
- Experience as a team member on project teams in a cross-functional environment.
- Expertise in design and implementation of IT solutions.
- Proficient in multiple technologies or systems.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
Skills desired, but not required:
- Prior Workday implementation experience and knowledge of Workday tool set: Studio, EIB, Core Connector, Report Writer, XSLT, Oxygen
- Workday or PeopleSoft functional knowledge and experience in modules: Absence, Compensation, HCM, Integrations, Performance/Talent, Payroll, Recruiting, Reporting, Security, Time Tracking
Apply on company website