Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Responsible for executing and monitoring of quality and food safety activities for the facility. Responsibilities include routine testing of products and monitoring compliance to food safety and food quality policies and procedures on the production floor.
What You'll be Doing:
- Assure facility compliance to affiliate, regulatory and best in class industry quality, GMP, SQF, and sanitation standards through monitoring and reporting procedures.
- Actively promote plant safety and environmental programs and procedures that are in compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain quality and food safety manuals to assure all policies and procedures are current and effective, and compliant with corporate and SQF requirements.
- Collect, analyze and report findings for production environmental swabs (ATP and microbiological).
- Conduct microbiological, chemical and/or physical testing of products.
- Conduct product label and weight verifications and monitor for compliance.
- Conduct quality and food safety training, as required, for all plant personnel
- Assist the Quality Manager/Supervisor in the implementation of quality and food safety systems policies and procedures
- Provide assistance to the Leadership Team with Third Party Audits and inspections.
- Provide technical assistance resources to production for plant trials and scale-up product trials.
- Assist in the evaluation of consumer complaints, and corrective action implementations.
- Assist in the maintenance of and compliance to the plant's HACCP program.
- Coordinate the storage and rework of quality control hold products with appropriate plant personnel.
- Keep Leadership informed of the status of quality assurance and sanitation issues impacting production and product deployment.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- High School education required.
- College Degree preferred.
- General knowledge/experience in a Food Manufacturing environment.
- General knowledge/experience with microbiological, chemical and physical testing of food products/ingredients.
- General knowledge/training in Food Safety, HACCP, SQF preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Ability to analyze data and information.
- Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
Apply on company website