Today, we have more than 65,000 employees with the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Currently, Meijer is looking for a Master Fleet Mechanic. Performs preventive maintenance and major repairs on diesel powered highway equipment, trailers and trailer cooling units. Practices 200% Safety – Self and Others.
- Performs all major repairs to:
- diesel powered highway equipment.
- air brake systems.
- trailer/van body and mechanical systems.
- truck and trailer cooling units.
- Performs all major repairs requiring gas and arc welding
- Completes other duties as required
- High School Diploma
- Applicant must have a total of (6) year's experience in the fleet maintenance field including (2) years in diesel powered highway equipment (Major Repairs) and a minimum of (4) year's experience on air brakes as well as the minimum experience as specified in three of the four following categories below. Formal schooling may be counted to satisfy up to (2) years of the total experience requirement and up to 50% of each individual category requirement.
- Gasoline-powered highway - 1 year
- Trailer/van body and mechanical (repairs) – 1 year
- Cooling unit repair (Thermoking and/or Carrier) – 6 months
- Gas and arc welding (gas and arc welding training course (satisfactory completion).
Apply on company website