Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!The Product Flow-Merchandise Services Manager is accountable for leading a team to define, develop, enhance, deploy and train systems and processes that improve inventory management for all of Meijer's businesses within it's supply chain. This position also leads and develops a team which is accountable to planning and implementing repeatable processes and strategies as they relate to all new store openings, remodels, and closings to ensure proper in stock conditions and inventory management levels are achieved. The Product Flow-Merchandise Services Manager will collaborate, communicate and work with leaders across merchandising, IT, supply chain, and retail operations to improve inventory management at Meijer.
What You'll be Doing:
- Develops and communicates the strategic vision and execution to enable the merchandising services team
- Provides strategic thought and guidance to merchandising leadership (Inventory Managers/Planning Managers) on opportunities to improve product flow to the shelf and improve In Stock conditions for our customer.
- Leads with IT to deliver systems solutions for all teams including but not limited to automated replenishment (Demand/Fulfill), manual replenishment (allocation), store ordered replenishment (Digital Order Book)
- Provides coaching, guidance, and direction to the Merchandising Services Analyst team to develop their individual skill set.
- Conducts fact based analysis on KPIs and SLAs to identify root cause issues and develops plans to resolve with all stakeholders.
- Develop and implement plans to ensure we are exceeding our high standards for stores undergoing any transformation work (new, remodel, closing).
- Communicates with leadership to create understanding of system strategies and their impacts on various parts of the organization. This requires an understanding of our corporate environment and a willingness to engage everyone on the potential impact of changes.
- Communicates with Merchandise Operations Director and appropriate levels of the organization to recognize and raise issues or opportunities in a timely manner.
- Ensures processes, training, analytics, tools, implementations are effective and enterprise wide in nature.
- Exposes and supports the innovation across the organization to maximize talent resources.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- 3-5 years of experience as a manager of a business area, either in Planning, Merchandising, Supply Chain or IT.
- 3-5 years of experience leading large staff, who in turn, have direct reports that span all capabilities of Merchandising, Planning and Supply Chain.
- Experience leading and influencing Information Technology staff (including off-shore developers).
- 3-5 years of system/process design and implementation.
- 3-5 years using program/project management methodologies; certification preferred.
- 3-5 Years' experience with various advanced system integration including JDA, Oracle and SAP
- Experience in internal and/or external consulting.
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Superior technical skills, with an emphasis on business merchandising systems, relational databases, data sourcing and SQL; Data movement knowledge, theory and experience are a strong plus.
- Strong Leadership Skills; across and upwards in the organization with a high proficiency in Excel; strong understanding of statistics.
- Proven track record forming partnerships and influencing effectively across all areas of the organization
- Must have a demonstrated ability to manage a diverse portfolio of projects, quickly mediate between competing priorities, and work effectively with IT colleagues, contractors, and business management. SAFE Agile certifications a plus.
- In depth knowledge of core merchandising systems and principals: Pricing, Promotions, Replenishment, Allocation, Product Management, Inventory Management.
Apply on company website