Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Currently, Meijer is seeking a 3rd Shift Maintenance Tech- Level 3 for our Holland MI dairy plant. Improves, maintains and repairs all equipment used in food manufacturing, production and packaging functions. Troubleshoots mechanical and process issues. Supports and executes plant specific maintenance strategies to achieve key plant performance goals. Partners with Maintenance Manager to review production goals and schedules as well as maintenance requests to plant or modify maintenance activities. Practices 200% Safety accountability (self and others). Practices 200% Safety accountability – self and others.
What You'll be Doing:
- Perform routine and emergency maintenance (major and minor) of utilities systems in a multi-craft environment including PLC, instrumentation, mechanical and equipment repair.
- Responsible for Preventative Maintenance (PM) and timely work order completion for complex.
- Perform routine chemical testing, making necessary operational adjustments to maintain proper operating parameters for cooling tower and boiling water.
- Monitor complex heating/ventilation system and adjust controls for proper operation.
- Provide 24/7 automated process monitoring and take appropriate action as needed.
- Works with the Maintenance Planner to maintain supplies through ordering and receiving chemicals, record usage and interaction with appropriate vendors.
- Maintain manufacturing and complex equipment by performing Preventative (PM), Predictive (PdM) and Corrective Maintenance to ensure maximum life expectancy of machinery.
- Notify appropriate leadership of unsafe, damaged work equipment and make recommendations regarding repair or replacement as needed.
- Suggests design improvements on existing and new equipment and systems.
- May provide training and direction to other technicians and operators as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested by Maintenance Master/Manager.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- HS Diploma/GED required.
- Associates degree or certification in a technical field preferred.
- Mechatronics Certifications for Levels 1-7 completed.
- 5-7 years of hands-on manufacturing maintenance experience, preferably in a food manufacturing setting.
- Familiarity with standard mechanical and electrical component maintenance and repair practices; knowledge of and skill with Preventative Maintenance.
- Skilled and certified in various PLC programming languages.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Knowledge and experience with Safe Quality Foods (SQF), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) and Lean Manufacturing process.
- Ability to support and work with engineering on projects, equipment design, layout or re-design.
- Working knowledge of standard mechanical component maintenance and repair practices.
- Familiar with office technology tools (ex: MS Office).
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to operate basic machining equipment (lathe, mill, drill press).
- Ability to work collaboratively with Meijer leadership.
- Understanding computer theory, programmable logic controls (PLC) and experience with Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs).
Apply on company website