As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Currently, Meijer is looking for local CDL-A Home Everyday.
HIRING AND RETENTION BONUS!!!
$1000 AFTER YOU'RE DRIVING ON YOUR OWN
$1000 AFTER 90 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT
Earn $75,000 per year on a 5 day scheduled work week!!!!
$27.75 per hour minimum wage for yard work/switching pay.
The individual selected for this position will be responsible for:
- Driving Class A equipment
- Making deliveries from the distribution centers to Meijer stores on time within established guidelines
- Picking up backhauls at various vendors and delivering them to the distribution centers in a timely fashion
- Yard switching (trailer movement on complex) on an as needed basis
- Additionally, the individual needs to be responsible and professional at all times.
- This is a Full time year round position
- Local routes and home everyday
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Minimum one year truck driving experience or successful completion of credited, approved truck driving school
- Hold a valid CDL-A license (either must have or be able to obtain a Hazmat endorsement as Meijer Logistics LLC is a certified Hazmat carrier)
- Have no moving violations in the last year
- Have no more than two moving violations in the last three years
- Obtain a MVR from the Michigan Secretary of State and present to interviewer for the Meijer Private Fleet (not more than thirty days old)
- Be able to pass a road test conducted by Meijer Private Fleet management consisting of several factors and at twenty miles in length
- Be able to pass a DOT driver physical and DOT pre-employment drug test
- Have the ability to work nights/days, holidays and weekends
- Customer Focus Orientation - Acts with customers in mind
- Drive for Results - Exceeds goals and focuses on the bottom-line\
- Ethics and Values - Acts in line with core values in good and bad times
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people and builds effective relationships
Thank you for your interest in this position. There may not be current openings for this position at this time. By submitting an application to this position, you are expressing interest should an opening become available in the future. Our recruiters routinely review available applications as openings become available. Submitting an application is no guarantee for consideration as we are unable to predict the availability of open positions.
Apply on company website