Today, we have more than 65,000 employees with the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Oversees all movement of product after final production through the shipping process to our customers. Uses best practices to ensure our Meijer product arrives safely and on time.
What You'll be Doing:
- Aligns with supervisor on priorities and team member assignments to maximize efficiency within shift.
- Schedules shipping appointments through Meijer vendor systems.
- Records Sell by Dates on product being shipped and enters data into E Shipping Lineup & Plex.
- Conducts shift meetings and is responsible for the coordination of team member scheduling and training.
- Promotes a safe work environment and culture for our team, ensuring adherence to work policies and safety standards.
- Prioritizes workload using FIFO method.
- Understands and possess LOTO equipment and performs equipment inspections.
- Collaborates and aligns with Logistics/Dispatch as needed for equipment utilization .
- Aligns with Switcher Operator to optimize equipment for loading sequences.
- Oversees completion of cleaning detail.
- Corresponds with DF's via email/phone regarding PO's and trailers assigned.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years prior experience in a refrigerated shipping setting preferred.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Power Industrial Truck license.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- PC skills involving various Microsoft programs.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to indirectly lead a team of warehouse team members.
Apply on company website