Today, we have more than 65,000 employees with the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Responsible for overseeing Meijer's compliance for income and franchise tax, payroll tax withholding and benefit plan reporting as well as leading the income and franchise tax, payroll tax and benefit plan compliance team. Also responsible for monitoring tax legislative activity, tax planning and Accounting for Income Taxes.
What You'll be Doing:
- Manage Federal and State income and franchise tax, payroll tax and benefit plan return preparation efficiently and effectively, including contacts with internal resources and external tax professionals, auditors and government agencies.
- Responsible for GAAP accounting for income taxes.
- Talent Management: Lead and develop income, franchise and payroll tax compliance team.
- Resource Management: Lead in the identification and implementation of process improvements for team and self.
- Organizational Development: Provide technical expertise on internal projects to evaluate and advise management of tax impacts of proposed business changes and legislative activity.
- Work collaboratively throughout Meijer and with outside consultants to identify opportunities for savings and to facilitate business change while monitoring and minimizing tax risk.
- Communication: Prepare and deliver reporting to leadership and outside auditors regarding Meijer's tax positions, risk and opportunities.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor of Accounting or Finance degree required.
- Master's degree in Taxation preferred.
- CPA required.
- 10 years of aggregate experience in Public Accounting, Corporate Tax Department or equivalent.
- Demonstrated strong technical skills in the full spectrum of federal state and local taxation matters as well as excise and payroll tax and benefit plan reporting.
- Strong experience with ASC 740 and other tax accounting principles.
- Hands on professional with extensive compliance experience able to work at the most detailed level and retain the big picture view.
- Proficiency in use of tax research tools.
- Ability to multi-task and complete complex projects with limited supervision.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team building and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experienced in use of tax software packages.
- Microsoft Office advanced skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
Apply on company website