Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Responsible for overall operations and performance of the Backroom, Pricing, and Common Area departments. Promotes and adheres to our CTC strategy through providing support for our team members through proper scheduling, training, coaching, and building productive teams. Delivers exceptional customer service by ensuring accurate retail pricing, inventory BOH, and on shelf availability expectations are met or exceeded. Responsible for all price changes, promotional signage, and ensuring that all planograms and displays are set in a timely manner in order to maximize sales and profitability. Responsible to maintain backroom organization for all of General Merchandise (excluding Softlines) including Pets and HBC, and the Common Area backroom.
What You'll Being Doing:
- Expected to spend 100% of time leading and initiatives and delivering the results through their team members execution.
- Responsible for achieving financial and other key performance indicators intended to drive inventory integrity, sales, margin and customer service.
- Establishes and reviews inventory and replenishment goals with team to drive accountability and attain goals.
- Coordinates, creates, and builds daily work assignments for team members.
- Ensures key deliverables are achieved to plan both with their team members and through informal leadership of other store Team Leaders – BOH integrity, ICAP adjustments, orderly backroom, sign changes, price changes and planogram sets.
- Manages all central supplies for the store including budget accountability.
- Responsible for selection/hiring of team members in the department.
- Promotes succession planning in partnership with the General Merchandise Line Leader by providing mentorship, career pathing, identifying development needs for team members.
- Develops and trains staff, ensuring team members are thoroughly trained in all aspects of their jobs and have completed all required training.
- Provides feedback and oversees performance management for team members in a manner that promotes strong team performance and minimizes turnover.
- Schedule and supervise Backroom, Pricing, and Common Area teams.
- Responsible for supporting achievement of sales, shrink, margin and labor plans.
- Supervises execution of all store promotions including In Marketing Services.
- Ensures Floor Inventory Prep (out and around) prior to any scheduled physical inventory.
- Models fast and friendly customer service to ensure exceptional service is being delivered.
- Reliable and consistent attendance is required.
- Other daily tasks as required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to team members in the organization in a way that provides clear and precise direction.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict and by addressing root cause issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial and statistical information and use that information to make informed decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization that practices working safely at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor team members in all areas of the organization including SDITs, team members in hourly positions and team leaders.
- Successful completion of all required.
Apply on company website