Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!If you have a passion to provide a quality customer experience through exceptional service, then join Meijer as a Deli Clerk or Cashier!
Connect with Customers using your extraordinary people service skills. If you're friendly, dependable and you like to work with long-time customers, we'd love to talk about an opportunity to join the Meijer Family as a Deli Clerk or a Cashier.
Visit https://jobs.meijer.com for the store location near you!
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE; AND 21 YEAR OF AGE TO WORK AS A CASHIER
NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED; TRAINING PROVIDED
FULL-TIME & PART-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
A career at Meijer is more than a way to pay the bills. We invest in the lives of our Team Members by providing a variety of benefits that contribute to a positive work-life balance:
- Work up to 40 HRS
- Weekly Pay
- Education Reimbursement (up to $2,000 per year)
- Career Growth
- Paid Parental Leave
- Child and Elder Care Support
- 10% Team Member Discount
- ....and Much More
Join a community. Build a career.
As a Deli Clerk you will be responsible for providing remarkable service to our customers at the Deli Counter. Duties include slicing meats and cheeses, scooping, weighing, packaging, and labeling purchases. This position ensures department cleanliness by washing dishes, slicers, and other department equipment.
Cashiers provide courteous customer service while operating the cash register and electronic scanner to itemize merchandise; and receive payments.
What will you be doing?
- Build rapport with customers.
- Display a friendly and outgoing attitude through good eye contact and body language.
- Respond to customer questions in an effective manner.
- Utilize technology to complete activities and tasks.
- Follow safety and sanitation procedures to ensure quality service and products for our customers.
What skills will you use?
- You are detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and virtually.
- Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
- Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Process-driven with ability to follow procedures in an organized and efficient way.
- Ability to stay calm while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to work with customers on a consistent basis.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while handling product.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Utilize technology to perform job duties.
Meijer starts with me.
It's not just a brand name, it's a family name. Founded by Hendrik and Gezina Meijer and their children in 1934, Meijer treats our Team Members like they're a part of our family. We want to see them happy, growing, and successful. That's why our Team Members say, "Meijer starts with me.” Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we look for team members who thrive in a collaborative environment and want to help us build on our family culture. Meijer is a great place for you if you want a job that's more than a paycheck and a career that plays an important role in your community.
Apply on company website