Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!This position is responsible for the maintenance and analysis of competitive pricing data using data preparation and statistical software tools to provide strategic pricing direction for the enterprise. Individuals in this position develop and apply various statistical models to business challenges using pricing, competitor, and customer data. These team members curate and normalize competitive data for business use. They also develop and define analytical best practices and techniques for the Pricing Team. This role is directly responsible for using fact-based analytics to develop insights in order to strengthen recommendations around lifecycle pricing strategy.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Apply data-driven analytics to strengthen and define the following: price zones, competitive index, competitive levels, standardized price rule guidelines, etc.
- Create analytical tools that encompass pricing data, consumer trends, customer segmentation, loyalty, and competitor insights
- Collaborate with pricing and merchandising leadership to conceptualize business issues and conduct analyses to inform pricing strategies at the enterprise level
- Evaluate effectiveness of lifecycle pricing strategies, identify gaps and opportunities, and recommend refinements to strategy
- Communicate pricing trends and supporting analytics to Pricing, Merchandising, Planning, and Marketing teams
- Research and implement industry leading analytical disciplines (e.g. descriptive and inferential statistics, machine learning algorithms, etc.)
- Develop advanced pricing response models for strategic merchandising initiatives
- Serve as a subject matter expert and mentor to the Pricing Analyst in data analysis and preparation
- Educate and influence business partners to improve understanding/reliance on advanced analytics in making pricing decisions
- Partners with I.T. to create and maintain proper data models for analytics use
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
What You'll Bring with You:
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or commensurate retail experience required. Masters preferred.
- 4 years of experience in retail, analysis, and/or pricing preferred
- Proficient in a wide range of analytical, quantitative, and statistical techniques and tools to derive insights from large, complex data environments
- Office computer skills required: preference for Microsoft application experience
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerBi, Power Query, and PowerPivot preferred
- Proficient in statistical analysis software (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Stata, R, Python) required
- Proficient in SQL, data modeling, and relational database management required
- Proven record of developing, deploying, and maintaining statistical models
- Proficient in managing complete lifecycle of production grade statistical models highly preferred
- Exceptional ability to extract strategic insights from large data sets
- Excellent communication skills: listening, verbal and written
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
Apply on company website