Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!This is not your typical IT Audit role . . . with a focus on process improvement and driving business value, you will leverage technology, curiosity, and problem solving to uncover opportunities and provide clarity to business leaders. With a mission to inspire positive change through comprehensive insights, the work of Internal Audit is valued in the organization helps drive the business forward.
This position is responsible for conducting audits of company activities (performing original work and leading others to complete similar work). This position interfaces significantly with the company's Information Technology function and other departments in planning audits, communicating results and recommendations, and facilitating change. The position will also involve the use of Robotic Process Automation (RPA), database exploration, and predictive statistical modeling tools.
What You'll be Doing:
- Complete assigned tasks that support execution of the audit cycle: planning; fieldwork; reporting; and follow-up, assisting in the completion of audits on the annual audit plan and delivering projects within budget and expected timelines, with limited supervision required.
- Execute auditing procedures to ensure risks are identified and that mitigating controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Apply data analytics and/or statistical methods in the analysis of large data sets.
- Assist in the refinement of existing audit programs and related control tests. Identify and document financial and business risks and related controls.
- Summarize, in written, verbal, and visual form results of audit procedures and control testing, including the development of any action plans needed to address the root cause of control performance opportunities.
- Assist in the department's effort of providing support to external auditors during the company's annual audit process.
- Contribute to a variety of ad hoc projects in cooperation with internal business partners across all functions.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the audit department's processes, capabilities, and culture.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree: Computer Science, Data Science / Business Analytics, Management Information Systems, Accounting, various mathematical disciplines, or other similar field.
- Experience performing data analysis: Querying (SQL), preparing, analysis, and reporting/visualization.
- Ability to embrace details and see the ‘Big Picture”.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships.
- Curiosity for business processes and operations.
- Masters Degree a plus.
- CIA, CISA, CPA, CISSP, or similar certification a plus.
Apply on company website