Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Audits and processes a variety of accounting transactions. Responsible for paying invoices timely and accurately. Responsible for researching inquiries and various discrepancies. Negotiates, resolves or denies request for adjustments.
What You'll be Doing:
- Processes invoices; completes voucher and invoice entries; makes voucher adjustments; processes exceptions.
- Reviews, researches, resolves and documents discrepancies.
- Handles confidential vendor/customer information.
- Communicates with internal business partners and external vendors/customers.
- Performs work using different applications and systems.
- Audits files and reports findings; provides reporting; analyzes reports and data.
- Calmly and effectively handles difficult calls with positive outcome.
- Works to improve current processes for efficiency and cost reduction.
- Negotiates resolutions with vendors/customers.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Associates Degree in Accounting required; Bachelors Degree in Accounting preferred.
- 1-2 years Accounts Payable or Retail related experience preferred.
- Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: - Customer Focused.
- High level of accuracy and quality with attention to details.
- Understanding of basic math and accounting functions.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Intermediate analytical, research and problem solving skills, including root cause analysis.
- Priority/Organizational skills - able to deal with many tasks at one time.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with strong knowledge in Excel, and ability to learn and understand company systems and tools.
- Negotiation skills.
Apply on company website