Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Responsible for recording, executing and reporting of deals accounting according to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). This includes the financial analysis of promotional allowances and rebates, vendor contracts and payment strategies.
What You'll be Doing:
- Independently responsible for reviewing and analyzing trade agreements and multi-year contracts of vendor funding contribution to make deals accounting classification decisions (where, when and how to charge).
- Execute and manage vendor billings, resolve variances and identify funding gaps to ensure that all vendor contribution due Meijer is captured and performing on schedule.
- Provide financial and analytical day-to-day support and recommendations to merchandising and planning teams through data and trend analysis to support business decisions while ensuring generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) have been followed and to ensure income is properly recognized in the financial statements.
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting, analysis and recommendations of vendor funding against historical, budgeted and forecasted planning results.
- Provide data analysis to merchants to facilitate decision-making towards the Vendor Funding Contribution growth.
- Facilitate vendor funding related training programs in live classroom, contribute to training initiative/program administration tasks associated with facilitation of classes.
- Responsible for improving Vendor Finance Inventory (percent of inventory owned by vendor before sold) by analyzing results and variances, identifying trends and recommending action to be taken by merchants and planners.
- Provide recommendations and gap analysis to merchandising partners and management in order to drive business results.
- Work on ad-hoc projects/analysis including system user-acceptance testing, help integrate any new systems and assists with training of new employees.
- Provide financial tracking and support to management.
- Maintain controls to assure the integrity of assets and the compliance with GAAP.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Finance and/or Business Management (with an emphasis in either Purchasing or Accounting) or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years of accounting or merchandising experience.
- Experience in performing financial analysis.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to gather, manipulate, and analyze data from various resources.
- Highly collaborative with solid interpersonal skills.
- Must have planning, problem-solving, time management and decision-making abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be self-directed, accurate and detail oriented.
- Technology experience related to one or more of the following areas preferred: General ledger, financial reporting systems and other query tools.
Apply on company website