DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Manager Facility Safety
Medical City Dallas
Serves as Safety Officer to design, implement and maintain safety programs including development and enforcement of policies, risk assessments, and training for Department Safety Officers (DSO).
· Investigates safety and emergency management issues and develops documentation and/or procedures to correct them.
· Intervenes when unsafe practices are identified and takes immediate corrective action to resolve the unsafe practice.
· Designs, implements and maintains processes and documentation to ensure compliance with Joint Commission Emergency Management, Environment of care and Life Safety standards as well as other regulatory requirements. Chairs the Emergency Management Committee.
· Oversees vendors, contractors and staff to ensure testing/repair/upgrade of life safety and safety systems is properly accomplished and documented.
· Conducts drills to test hospital response to emergency situations.
· Coordinates with outside regulatory and emergency management agencies as needed to ensure regulatory compliance and preparedness for emergencies.
· Provides safety and emergency management training for staff and executives as needed.
· Subject to after-hours work and call back
Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world's best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City Dallas from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City Dallas offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs.
We operate as an 801-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City Dallas difference. Our staff is passionate about their work and committed to providing excellent patient care. This has allowed Medical City Dallas to become a place where healing, compassion, humanity and simple kindness are celebrated daily.
Benefits: We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor degree is required. Five years' experience in managing compliance with Joint Commission Emergency Management, Environment of Care and Life Safety standards is required. Three years prior experience managing safety programs is required. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM), Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Healthcare Safety Professional
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website