DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Pharmacist.
Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Pharmacist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family's needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage including dental plans that best meet your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement for select roles and facilities.
HCA Healthcare is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA Healthcare has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Equipped with the best healing practices, brightest medical teams and the most advanced medical technologies, Medical Center of Trinity, a new 340 bed, state-of-the-art, all private room hospital located on a 50-acre campus, serves the fast growing communities of Pasco, Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties. With a healthcare team that brings over 40 years in a clinical setting and a strong dedication to patient-centered care, our talented RNs and medical professionals are always encouraged to learn, grow and thrive in a supportive atmosphere that celebrates the commitment of our people.
The Advanced Clinical Pharmacist will focus on critical care and will coordinate and assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of clinical pharmacy programs to ensure clinical services meet the requirements and needs of the patient population and community. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
- Reviews medication orders and quality of technicians work to ensure appropriateness of drugs ordered, dosage, route and interactions. Adjusts medications dosage/schedule as appropriate for patient condition as per policy.
- Ensures medications are safely dispensed to patients in accordance with age specific guidelines. Follows appropriate procedures for the sterile preparation of IV admixtures in compliance with USP 797 standards..
- Participates in the evaluation and analysis of clinical data, medication use, drug and drug class monograph development in support of clinical toolkit development.
- Provides oversight of pharmacy distribution activities including order receipt, product storage, controlled substance process, dispensing and other distributional functions.
- Closely monitors narcotic transactions by checking all controlled substances that are dispensed and reconciles the quantity/type of narcotics leaving the pharmacy. Promptly signs in narcotics received from the wholesaler; checks against pharmacy copy of the DEA 222 form and the wholesaler's invoices.
- Assists the department in addressing physician consults as needed. Provides timely retrieval of reliable drug information from available sources.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Communicates effectively and works with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs.
- Receives, interprets and implements physician orders accurately and in a courteous manner. Consults resources in clarifying unfamiliar or questionable orders.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of a college of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmacy Education.
- BS or Pharm.D degree.
- Experience as a Pharmacist in an acute-care hospital setting or general pharmacy practice residency preferred.
- Current Florida Pharmacist License or License eligible. Board certified.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website