General Position Description:
The Paramedic (EMT-P) is responsible for administration of medical services and for ensuring the well-being of patients, while providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring and Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clinical duties are performed in accordance with the 'Clinical Functions by Position' State document and according to onsite Provider direction and supervision.
- Perform Clinical Intake with patients to include taking and recording vital signs and patient history.
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- At the direction of the Provider, performs limited medication administration (where applicable and per 'Clinical Functions by Position' guidelines), wound care, orthopedic device application, preparation and completion including venipuncture, POS lab testing, crutch fitting and walking instruction, EKG.
- Other duties under the direction of a Provider may also include: oxygen administration, nebulizer treatment, ear and eye irrigation, suture/staple removal, IV insertion and IV infusion (per applicable State regulations and MedExpress guidelines).
- Collects and prepares specimens for laboratory analysis. Reviews and properly handles test results.
- Collects and executes in-house rapid laboratory testing.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals.
- Apply the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
- Ensure the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff.
- Complete patient referrals daily.
- Assist the provider with calling patients and informing them of normal lab and imaging results reviewed by the provider.
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures.
- Comply with and follow policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress.
- Maintains HIPAA at all times.
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
Learning and Ongoing Education:
- Obtain and maintain certification to perform DOT, UDS, BAT, hair testing, and other occupational health services as assigned.
- Maintain clinical skills and competency for all procedures, following policy and procedure guidelines.
- Maintain technical skills and apply new knowledge to position according to MedExpress policy.
- Maintain knowledge of Medical Terminology and standards of care.
- Maintain knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Read and keep up-to-date on all ME Communications.
- Complete all assigned training.
- Documentation of competency is required for all role-appropriate procedures, in addition to State specific licensure or certification as applicable.
Center Readiness and Maintenance:
- Assist in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection, and machine maintenance on a daily basis and report any and all discrepancies appropriately.
- Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure rooms.
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
- Maintain and comply with all MedExpress, Optum and Urgent Care Accreditation site assessment requirements.
- Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper storage of biohazards.
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to protocol.
- Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records.
- Work collaboratively with Area Clinical Leadership to complete administrative assignments, as time allows and knowledge base supports, such as chart audits, supply inventory, quality assurance assessment, etc.
- Documentation of competency is required for all role appropriate procedures, in addition to State specific licensure or certification as applicable.
Will interact with all center staffed based team-members including providers and non-providers.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited EMT-P (Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic) Program.
- Current state certification/licensure and/or National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) certification as required by State, and BLS/CPR certification required.
- Minimum 2+ years' dedicated paramedic experience; strong preference towards candidates with experience in an Urgent Care, Emergency Room, or pre-hospital setting.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations including the requirements of the HIPAA and OSHA and applicable state rules and regulations pertinent to medical practices.
- Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential patient issues and situations. The principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Center-Based. Requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. Also requires: travel to other Centers, the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs.
About the Organization
MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a physician in our center or part of our IT team in our administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed. We offer:
• Competitive salaries and benefits
• Flexibility and balance
• Development opportunities
• Appreciation and recognition
• Community engagement
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience - one patient at a time.
Apply on company website