Please review the job details below.
MDA is seeking a System Administrator to join the team at Aldergrove, BC. This is a unique opportunity to support the operation of Near Real Time Ship Detection systems receiving data from RSAT-2 and RCM Remote Sensing Satellites. The Operations team oversees the data reception from the satellite, the data processing, and the data product generation in accordance with the operations timelines.
As a System Administrator, you will perform routine system administration tasks, which include, but are not limited to:
Perform routine system administration tasks:
o Manage backups and storage
o Apply security updates and patches to Windows and Linux based operating systems
o Maintain and mange user account access
Monitor computer networks for security events or threats
o Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents
o Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause
- Troubleshooting and resolution of system related problems
- Documenting, tracking and coordination of system related problems
- Monitor electronic product distribution to customers
- Export data for regular operations and maintenance reports
- Power on and off critical system equipment
- A degree or diploma in Information Technology, computer science or related discipline from an accredited institution
- 1 -2 years of relevant experience in information security
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following software: Veeam Backup and Replication, Sophos End Point Protection, AlienVault, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Experience as an Information Systems Security Officer would be an asset
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills
- A team oriented approach to solving technical problems
- Strong problem solving and thinking skills
- High degree of maturity and excellent communication skills
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Scripting knowledge: Python, Saltstack
- Background in software development or programming
- Understanding of social engineering
- Worked with VMware/vCenter to install configure or manage Virtual Machines or multiple ESXi hosts
- Candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain Secret Security Clearance
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.
Apply on company website