At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking an amazing Senior Construction Project Engineer to join our team as a member of our growing New Construction Mechanical WW division.
You're great at:
- May serve as the on-site point of contact for clients, subcontractors, vendors, and field personnel.
- Support Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
- Coordinate equipment procurement with the purchasing department.
- Assist in the development of Scope of Work for subcontractors.
- Coordinate equipment procurement with the purchasing department and outside vendors to order and expedite material.
- Oversee the scheduling and coordination of trades.
- Assist with Project Controls:
- Review and substantiates subcontractor billing.
- Draft subcontract and purchasing agreements.
- Assist with client billings.
- Assume responsibility for the fiscal performance of a project with oversight of Project Manager.
- Assist in preparation of monthly project accounting
- Maintain drawings, daily correspondence with trades, schedules, RFI logs, Submittal logs, and Superintendent daily reports.
- Create and respond to Requests for Information (RFI).
- Create site-specific work plans.
- Process, review, log and distribute submittals.
- Create and publish Operations and Maintenance Manuals for the client.
- Obtain detailed knowledge of the contract, drawings, and specifications for the project(s).
- Maintain cost issue logs.
- Assess site safety and implement actions to prevent injury to property and personnel.
- Uphold and communicate McKinstry safety standards.
- Coordinate with the Safety team to create and communicate site safety plans.
Perform other duties as assigned.
What we would like to see from you:
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in all the responsibilities of a Construction Project Engineer.
- BA/BS degree in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Architecture, Facilities Management or comparable degree—or equivalent work experience required.
- Two (2) years of progressive project responsibilities in the Project Engineer role required.
- Knowledge of: construction management, commercial building process, financial acumen required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- PE, LEED professional designations preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website