At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Repair Specialist to join our team as a member of our growing Washington Service division.
You're great at:
- Intaking and tracking repair requests.
- Preparing quotes, including vendor research as needed.
- Following up with customers on open quotes.
- Processing and coordinating approved work, including ordering of equipment, permits (as applicable), parts and materials, and communication with dispatch and technicians.
- Researching, quoting, and coordinating complex repairs and small projects.
- Proactively managing customer relationships to foster additional work.
- May mentor or coach Repair Coordinator(s) as directed.
- Collaborating with and receiving coaching from Project Managers.
Perform other duties as assigned.
What we would like to see from you:
- Strong written and verbal communication required.
- Well organized and able to manage time effectively required.
- Technical aptitude and a basic understanding of mechanical systems required.
- Basic familiarity with code requirements required.
- Basic financial aptitude required.
- Proficient with MS Office suite.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 2 – 5 years prior related work experience required.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website