At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking an amazing Project Engineer to join our team as a member of our growing New Construction Mechanical WW division.
You're great at:
- Supporting Request for Proposal (RFP) and procurement processes.
- Tracking current and future jobs while also projecting future staffing requirements.
- Reviewing contracts, drawings, specifications, and other resources to answer questions.
- Coordinating equipment procurement with the purchasing department and outside vendors to order and expedite material.
- Assisting in the development of Scope of Work for subcontractors.
- Coordinating job set-up, site mobilization, project administration, and closeout.
- Overseeing the scheduling and coordination of trades.
- Coordinating the McKinstry scope of work with the project drawings and specifications.
- Assisting in preparation of Job Start and Project Closeout project binders and meeting materials.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly financial reporting.
- Communicating with Architect, Engineer, and Owner, to assist the Project Manager with daily duties or act as Project Manager.
- As necessary coordinating field activities of self-performed and subcontracted work.
- Responding to questions raised by Superintendents, review contracts, drawings, specifications, and other resources to answer questions in a timely manner.
- Consulting with the project management team if necessary to resolve issues.
- Communicating with Subcontractors, Architect, Engineers, and Owner, to assist the project management team with daily duties.
- Creating and responding to Requests for Information (RFI).
- Developing, processing and tracking equipment, material and informational submittals.
- Creating site-specific work plans.
- Creating and publishing Operations and Maintenance Manuals for the client.
- Obtaining detailed knowledge of the contract, drawings, and specifications for project(s).
- Assisting in the client and subcontractor change order process.
- Creating billing breakdowns and preparing billing substantiation.
- Updating and managing all project files. Includes maintaining employee, vendor, and miscellaneous files.
- Conducting quantity take-off and pricing estimates for internal and external uses.
- Upholding and communicating McKinstry safety standards.
- Coordinating with the Safety team to create and communicate site safety plans.
- Ensuring safety compliance of subcontractors and all on-site personnel.
What we would like to see from you:
- Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of a Construction Project Coordinator.
- Knowledge of construction concepts required.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, specs, contracts, proposals, estimates, and other regularly encountered items required.
- BA/BS degree in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Architecture, Facilities Management or comparable degree—or equivalent work experience required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Customer service and or office administration experience preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website