Bold thinking leads to transformative change. The world needs big ideas to solve our climate, affordability, and equity crises. That's where you come in. Align your career with greater purpose at McKinstry.
As a national leader in designing, constructing, operating, and maintaining high-performing buildings, McKinstry provides a single point of accountability across the entire building lifecycle, from new construction and ongoing operations to adaptive reuse, energy retrofits, and advanced renewable energy systems. We get up every day to transform the built environment for the betterment of our clients and our communities.
Never satisfied, we are compelled by our values to eliminate barriers standing in the way of a better-built environment. We design, build, optimize and maintain high-performing facilities.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently in search of a Mechanical Piping Detailer to join our detailing team. You will be joining an established and diverse team where you will be able to make an immediate impact. If you thrive in a collaborative environment and are passionate about solving problems and achieving goals, this may be the right position for you!
You're great at:
- Coordinates efficiently and effectively with clients and BIM Professionals to ensure the successful completion of assigned tasks.
- Responds to deadlines received by internal and external clients.
- Establishes a clear scope of work, hours budget, and deliverables requirement each time an assignment is received.
- Works with engineers, project managers, and other personnel to create project documents.
- Coordinates with and provides structural support solutions across all MEPF trades
- Familiar with BIM Management Process including Constructability Reviews, modeling in support of design, fabrication modeling and the standard suite of fabrication and installation drawings
- Promotes best practices to improve production efficiency in Revit.
- Works with peers to further develop modeling or drafting skills and to learn more about building systems.
- Develops positive working relationships with craft foremen and other field personnel assigned to your projects.
- Under direct supervision, provides 3D content in Revit based on markups provided.
- Performs 2D drafting in Revit.
- Provides 3D and 2D structural steel drawings for both fabrication and install
- Updates backgrounds.
- Updates Model per schedule.
- Use AutoCAD to perform modeling.
- Utilizes Bluebeam for sessions, markups, projects and stamps
- Maintains and enforces current BIM Modeling Standards
What we would like to see from you:
- Two (2) years of experience in the mechanical piping trade
- Working knowledge of Revit, Bluebeam, and AutoCAD.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills required.
Transformational change requires bold action. We must decarbonize our buildings and energy assets to combat climate change. We must tackle the affordability crisis by innovating waste out of our supply chain and dramatically cutting costs through improved productivity. We must deliver equitable outcomes to ensure healthy, high-performing buildings for all. Together, Building a Thriving Planet.
Building a collective commitment: Our values demand that we take accountability for diversity, equity, and inclusion. No single individual or organization can stem the tide of inequity alone. We must work together
People represent our most valued asset. By investing in our employees, we are also investing in the ongoing success of our company. We pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive, PeopleFirst benefits package to promote health and wellness, enhance work/life balance and ensure long-term stability for our employees and their families. Some of these benefits include:
- A robust internal mobility program to help you develop your career
- Competitive pay backed by 401(k) and profit-sharing plans.
- Comprehensive medical, prescription drugs, vision, and dental.
- Orca Card and free parking
- Business mileage reimbursement and/or electric fleet vehicles for business travel and meetings
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Adoption and IVF assistance.
- Paid time off.
- McKinstry University training and development.
- McKinstry wellness programs and on-site gyms.
- Community service and employee-directed charitable giving.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training. This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks. Applicants for this role will only be considered if they possess current US Work Authorization, and do not require employer-sponsored VISA support to begin or remain in this role.
Apply on company website