At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Lighting Developer to join our team as a member of our growing National Lighting Solutions team.
You're great at:
- Evaluate all lighting system types in varying vertical markets
- Develop detailed lighting audits that maintain high accuracy in terms of scope, costing and associated energy cost savings
- Document room by room light layout including lighting controls
Lighting Energy Analysis
- Assist with the development of turnkey lighting and lighting control solutions that meet the cost-effective criteria established for projects
- Maintain involvement in projects during the construction phase to ensure that project goals are maintained, including providing punch-list and quality assurance support
- Support sales efforts by generating preliminary assessments, helping in pre-qualification of clients, and assisting in the development of energy services proposals
- Provide support in presentations, studies, and other necessary sales support functions
- Maintain standards and processes related to the development of lighting projects that increases efficiency and profitability
- Perform field evaluation of lighting systems, including lighting controls
- Support the design and specification of lighting retrofits
- Deploy data loggers and analyze results
- Perform data entry/energy analysis
- Work directly with local utilities and clients
Job Specific Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio required;
- Proficient in evaluating electrical drawings.
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients and utility partners.
What we would like to see from you:
- Four (4) year college-level training in architecture, architectural engineering, engineering or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in lighting.
- Experience in the design specification process preferred.
- Some construction or engineering-related work experience desired.
- Experience with AutoCad and/or REVIT.
- Experience with AGi32 or other modeling software
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website