At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Labor Relations Business Partner to join our Legal team in our growing Infrastructure division
You're great at:
- Coordinate the execution, administration, and performance of all collective bargaining agreements in conjunction with General Counsel and Business Unit Leaders.
- Work with the General Counsel to organize and administer the Labor Relations Committee.
- Work with the General Counsel and trade superintendents to develop a strategy on labor issues, including response to grievances and jurisdictional questions.
- Manage the drug testing programs/background check programs for all union members.
- Investigate problems such as working conditions, disciplinary actions, and employee and applicant appeals and grievances; Provide guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to company leadership.
- Stay abreast of developments in regulations affecting union employees and monitors compliance with the law.
- Provide advice and support to various departments, including payroll, with pay and benefits issues for union members.
- Provide onboarding / offboarding for union employees.
- Coordinate end of year gifts, other incentives, or bonuses for field employees.
What we would like to see from you:
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Understanding of applicable federal, state and local labor laws and regulations required.
- Five (5) years of experience in the human resources field (such as in a Human Resources Business Partner role) and/or labor relations experience required.
- Experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business, or equivalent experience required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website