At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Finance Director to join our growing Finance & Accounting division in Seattle, Washington.
What you're great at:
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Advise internal clients in the development and implementation of business strategy goals and P&L targets.
- Prepares and supports the corporate strategic planning process including business planning, investment business cases, and annual budget/forecast processes.
- Prepares the forecast for future business financial needs.
- Analyze, evaluate, and maintains an understanding of the client's business model/processes to ensure efficiency across financial functions and profitability.
- Analyzes data to identify opportunities for cost reduction, increased efficiency, and alignment across functions and broader enterprise strategies.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly company and department business planning and financial reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for supporting company and departments financial and other reporting needs.
- Conducts special studies, and cooperates with various departments in the preparation of statistical studies
- Processes ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Partners with business units to provide company-wide reports of financial plans.
- Develops the financial team to support the company's financial requirements.
- Interfaces with departments, senior management, and business users to map out and document business reporting requirements.
- Mentor junior staff.
Other duties as assigned.
What we'd like you to have:
- Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of a Senior Financial Analyst.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of the entire Microsoft Office Suite.
- Adaptive planning experience a must.
- Knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative data collection, metrics & analysis required.
- Knowledge in developing reports from scratch using Business Objects or Crystal Reports required.
- Confidence to interpret complex data, analyze and recommend the best course of action for the business.
- Strong business acumen.
- Experience in Development, Construction, or Real Estate a plus.
- Ten (10) years of experience in a finance or accounting management role required.
- Ten (10) years of experience in financial reporting and analysis, data mining and data analysis and data modeling techniques required.
- Prior Business Intelligence development and design are preferred.
- Prior experience with SQL databases.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website