At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Facility Assessment Specialist to join our team as a member of our growing Technical Services National division.
You're great at:
- May participate in design and process improvement meetings with client and the technology teams.
- Help define program scope and intent.
- Assist in developing final reports reiterating projects' values.
- Help define program scope and intent.
- May develop, establish and manage critical environment standards.
- Participate in long-term facility master planning.
- Support the audits of customer facilities that ensure operating efficiency, optimum air quality, and compliance with the energy policy.
- Assist with assessment and inventory of energy, using equipment, occupancy patterns and building control systems.
- May help facilitate recommendations and feedback regarding the design, equipment selection, test and balance requirements, maintainability, and potential enhancements of the system.
- Understand the capability of system(s) and documentation to achieve the design intent.
- Understand the design concept and intent by reviewing system construction documentation, including drawings and scheduled equipment.
- Participate in staffing, capital planning, cost estimating, equipment replacement planning, and infrastructure analysis of facility systems.
- Assist with the preparation energy savings reports
- Assist with the documentation of best practices and lessons learned to improve design and operational practices.
Perform other duties as assigned.
What we would like to see from you:
- One to two (1 -2) years of experience in building operations, engineering, construction management, architecture, facility engineering or similar field preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management required.
- Advanced Excel skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite -Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint required.
- Experience in capital planning and cost estimating preferred.
- Formal HVAC and/or architecture training/education preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCad, Photoshop and Sketchup preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website