At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking an Electrical Estimator to join our team as a member of our growing Electrical Construction WW division.
You're great at:
- Evaluates costs and constructability issues in preparing estimates.
- Ensures the accuracy of cost estimates.
- Develop project cost estimates based upon schematic and/or detailed descriptions of scope for various disciplines.
- Have the ability to develop initial budgets and estimates with no engineering drawings or specifications.
- Performs subcontractor and vendor estimate reviews.
- Coordinates and performs duties and responsibilities such as lead generation, customer services and coordinating the start of a project.
- Develops requests for proposals for potential subcontractors and vendors.
- Responsible for discussions and meetings with subcontractors, vendors, architects, customers, and management.
- Evaluates and communicates project risk.
- Identify and secure a prospective business consistent with the company's strategy.
What we would like to see from you:
- Knowledge of building systems and applications required.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or construction-related fields is required or equivalent work experience.
- Field experience in electrical estimating is preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, Word, Excel, and Outlook required; working knowledge of SharePoint is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Trimble Accubid software and databases.
- Four (4) years of previous estimating experience preferred.
- Field experience in conceptual estimating is preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website