At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.Here's where you come in: We are currently seeking a Director of Engineering to join our team as a member of our growing Overcast Innovations organization. You're great at:
- Driving the technical vision to build and execute on roadmaps.
- Hiring and developing strong engineering leaders and driving engineering excellence.
- Providing technical design, consultation, information and assistance to internal and external customers and ensuring that projects comply with all engineering standards.
- Assigning, directing, and evaluating the staffs' work.
- Overseeing the current engineering team by providing direction aligned with Overcast's vision (includes overseeing product-placed projects and R&D efforts).
- Strategic planning for future product launches and engineering initiatives.
- Establishing and maintaining Overcast engineering standards and processes.
- Growing and empowering the Overcast engineering department; fostering a culture of discovery and exploring.
- Creates oversight and provides a plan for company initiatives to be complete on time and within budget.
- Bias towards action; contributes out of the box ideas and shows a proof of concept.
- Experience in recruiting, hiring and managing high performance teams required.
- Extensive experience in building large scale distributed systems required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (with a proactive bias) required.
- Comfort working in a highly collaborative environment required.
- Have a Bachelor's or a Master's degree on Computer Science or related Engineering field required.
- 10 - 15 years of professional experience in building successful products required.
- Five years of project management experience required
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and understanding of business value drivers required.
- Knowledge of building industry preferred
Apply on company website