At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Building Energy Analyst to join our team as a member of our growing Technical Services Mountains division.
You're great at:
- Analyze and report on energy performance; includes benchmarking, weather regression and other forms of savings tracking
- Analyze utility usage patterns of facilities to establish a baseline and track reductions due to the implementation of conservation measures.
- Document “as-built” conditions and associated client benefits after project completion.
- Gather relevant data from various sources, organize and prepare it for analysis, benchmarking and reporting
- Facilitate communication internally between the project team and other departments.
- Assist in the development and delivery of energy savings and M&V reports
- Assist in the development of Measurement and Verification (M&V) plans for energy projects.
- Assist with audits of customer facilities to ensure operating efficiency, optimum air quality, and compliance with the energy policy.
- Assist with developing and documenting energy management strategies.
- Assist with the documentation and reporting on the financial performance of projects.
- Conduct pre- and post-measurements and surveys as required for completion of the M&V Plan.
- Maintain baseline facility data.
- Provide input on best practices and lessons learned to improve the design and operational practices.
- Coordinate with the enterprise platform team and other internal and external resources for implementation and management of product and support services.
- Help define and document energy management strategies for customer facilities including “best practice” recommendations.
- Support broader McKinstry team in rebates, award applications, M&V reports, and grant proposals.
- Support the assessment and inventory of energy-using equipment, occupancy patterns and building control systems.
What we would like to see from you:
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Architecture, Facilities Management or equivalent field of study or equivalent work experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required.
- Proficiency in interpersonal verbal and written communication (especially technical writing) required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Some data analysis work experience preferred.
- Experience with visualization tools like Tableau and PowerBI preferred.
- Experience in evaluating construction drawings preferred.
- Some construction or engineering-related work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of construction management, energy calculations, and industry-standard efficiency improvement measures preferred.
- Experience in BIM and CAD preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website