Bold thinking leads to transformative change. The world needs big ideas to solve our climate, affordability, and equity crises. That's where you come in. Align your career with greater purpose at McKinstry.
As a national leader in designing, constructing, operating, and maintaining high-performing buildings, McKinstry provides a single point of accountability across the entire building lifecycle, from new construction and ongoing operations to adaptive reuse, energy retrofits, and advanced renewable energy systems. We get up every day to transform the built environment for the betterment of our clients and our communities.
Never satisfied, we are compelled by our values to eliminate barriers standing in the way of a better-built environment. We design, build, optimize and maintain high-performing facilities.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking an Account Manager to join our team as a member of our Fire Protection Service Washington division. Our Account Managers achieve client retention and renewal through the delivery of quality, value, relationship building/maintenance, and delivering upon client's business objectives.
- Ensure client objectives and issues are dealt with in a thoughtful and effective manner, informing the Strategic Account Manager or Operations Manager of any problems that may arise.
- Ensure KPI's are reached, that achievement is communicated and our goals evolve with the client.
- Develop and maintain personal relationships with key client stakeholders.
- Coordinate overall product/project delivery schedule, client deliverables, and cross-department deliverables.
- Collaborate with Business Development to identify and pursue expansion opportunities for existing clients.
- Renew and expand services within the assigned client base.
What we would like to see from you:
- Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of an Associate Account Manager.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred, knowledge of CRM a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, construction, management, business administration, or related field required. This knowledge may be gained through 4 years of applicable work experience in construction or facilities management companies.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in account management.
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) certification or designation preferred
Transformational change requires bold action. We must decarbonize our buildings and energy assets to combat climate change. We must tackle the affordability crisis by innovating waste out of our supply chain and dramatically cutting costs through improved productivity. We must deliver equitable outcomes to ensure healthy, high-performing buildings for all. Together, Building a Thriving Planet.
Building a collective commitment: Our values demand that we take accountability for diversity, equity, and inclusion. No single individual or organization can stem the tide of inequity alone. We must work together
People represent our most valued asset. By investing in our employees, we are also investing in the ongoing success of our company. We pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive, PeopleFirst benefits package to promote health and wellness, enhance work/life balance and ensure long-term stability for our employees and their families. Some of these benefits include:
- A robust internal mobility program to help you develop your career
- Competitive pay backed by 401(k) and profit-sharing plans.
- Comprehensive medical, prescription drugs, vision, and dental.
- Orca Card and free parking
- Business mileage reimbursement and/or electric fleet vehicles for business travel and meetings
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Adoption and IVF assistance.
- Paid time off.
- McKinstry University training and development.
- McKinstry wellness programs and on-site gyms.
- Community service and employee-directed charitable giving.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training. This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Applicants for this role will only be considered if they possess current US Work Authorization, and do not require employer-sponsored VISA support to begin or remain in this role.
Apply on company website