At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking an Account Executive - Energy Services to join our team as a member of our growing Energy Spokane division.
You're great at:
- Develop long-term relationships with a portfolio of clients, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders at all levels of their organization.
- Act as a liaison between our clients and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful development and delivery of our solutions according to customer needs.
- Act as an escalation point of contact for resolving customer requests and challenges across all businesses.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Coordinate proposals from other lines of business before being delivered.
- Responsible for client communications, conflict resolution and compliance on client deliverables.
- Lead Account Management activities and maintain the Account Plan for assigned clients detailing the account strategy, growth plan, and major milestones.
- Communicate clearly the state of the relationship and the progress of key initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and pursue project and technical services expansion opportunities for assigned client base. Collaborate with Development Teams to develop project solutions and follow through to contract.
- Inform external customers of new offerings and upgrades.
- Formulate business and sales strategy with team to drive additional work with our customers.
- Collaborate with Energy and Technical Services Account Executives on joint accounts.
- On joint accounts, support sales staff by supporting preliminary assessments, technical solutions, fee proposals, presentations, studies, and other sales support and project development information and materials.
- Provide support to the customer on project financing and contracting issues.
- Initiate and develop personal relationships with potential and existing clients. Ensure that multi-tiered relationships are in place for the account.
- Utilize McKinstry tools and processes to support our customer relationship strategies.
- Team Management
- Facilitate the creation of the initial Account Plan by engaging the cross-functional team assigned to the account and provide regular updates to the team and leadership.
- Responsible for holding internal teams accountable to meet client commitments.
- Coordinate all customer touchpoints to ensure a cohesive customer experience throughout project and service lifecycles.
- Act as steward of McKinstry culture and brand; communicate and influence policies and procedures.
What we would like to see from you:
- Must have demonstrated proficiency or experience in managing client accounts for at least 2 years.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred, knowledge of CRM a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, construction, management, business administration or related field required. This knowledge may be gained through 4 years applicable work experience in construction or facilities management companies.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, specs, contracts, financing agreements, proposals and estimates required.
- Knowledge of building infrastructure mechanical and electrical systems required.
- Desire to help clients improve planning and operations using McKinstry's lines of business.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website