At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking an Account Executive to join our team as a member of our growing Low Volt Construction division. If you are driven by opportunities to coordinate and develop relationships with new and existing customers, then we want to hear from you!
You're great at:
- Responsible for lead generation, customer service, proposal development, and customer acquisition.
- Produces accurate estimates, assembles quality proposals and demonstrates good written communication skills utilizing McKinstry guidelines and proposal formats.
- Builds and owns market strategies. Includes SWOT analysis, competitive analysis, and vertical market and horizontal offering strategies.
- Analyzes the potential of specific projects while considering changing market conditions.
- Stays up to date on the market place.
- Partners with internal resources to ensure deliverables meet timelines and requirements.
- Assists the Senior Account Executive with larger projects.
- Coordinates with Business Unit Manager to ensure successful execution of projects.
- Provides support to the customer with regards to projects financing and contracting issues.
- Acts as the client's single point of accountability.
- Initiates and develops personal relationships with potential and existing clients.
- Utilizes McKinstry's tools and processes to support our customer relationship strategies.
Other duties as assigned.
What we would like to see from you:
- Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of a Sales Engineer.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, construction management or equivalent business experience required.
- Five (5) years of experience with a mechanical or electrical construction contractor required.
- Two (2) years of experience leading and closing sales required.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, specs, contracts, proposals and estimates required.
- Knowledge of building infrastructure mechanical and electrical systems required.
- Knowledge of conceptual estimating preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website