Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleDirector, Finance Business Partner – DFO SAOverview
The DFO assumes full responsibility for planning, operating performance, market cluster's accounting and financial reporting.
Be a key partner to Area Managers for Southern Africa in business strategy development to meet business objectives in the market cluster. Also would lead the FP&A effort at SA level including consolidation. Also plays an integral role in supporting, tracking, management and reporting of implementation plans.
• DFO assumes full responsibility for all core financial processes in the SA, namely financial reporting, control, planning, budgeting, forecasting, customer business agreements.
• Also responsible for planning and objective setting, performance metrics, internal management reporting, Financial Analysis, customer business agreements.
• Working with the Area Managers to provides financial leadership to country management in each market to enhance business head's and account manager's business acumen, financial know-how, understanding of business case modeling/ structuring sound business cases, financial implications of their actions or non-actions
• Provide finance support in the expansion of the business e.g, opening of new offices, new products.
• Applies a good strategic understanding of the multi-dimensional business dynamics of the African markets and competitive forces at play in driving creative responses and formulating mitigating strategies and new business models.
• Support continuous reviews of existing processes to assess operational efficiency and development and implementation of process improvements to ensure that processes meet the present and anticipated needs of internal customers, members, and other stakeholders
All About You
• Specialist knowledge in Financial Reporting- Chartered Accountant or CPA.
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills with the ability to capture the essence of key insights across the market opportunities.
• Broad based commercial awareness to manage risk versus return trade-offs.
• Deep understanding of all the components impacting Mastercard's business in the SSA market clusters (current and emerging product lines, services, and programs) to be able to conceptualize innovative incentive deal structures.
Communication, impact and influence:
• Influences and negotiates with the respective market business unit managers who may have divergent objectives in relation to their respective business P&L. This involves challenging their assumptions to direct and shape their account management strategies or business plans to deliver on revenue targets, to implement disciplined approaches etc on forecasting of revenue targets.
• Supports the resolution of customer service issues where required and address directly the concerns raised by customers – e.g. billing, waiver requests and business case targets.
• Ensures that Finance is closely integrated with, and positively supports the business providing managers at all levels with the necessary information to maximize revenue, profitability and efficiency; works with the management team in the development and implementation of short and medium term strategic and tactical plans and provide the financial input required to that process;
• Advanced financial experience, qualified CPA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website