Company: Mar Monte Hotel, the Unbound Collection
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Hospitality, Travel, Leisure
Mar Monte Hotel, the Unbound Collection
Assist Bartender in the serving of guests to ensure positive guest experience.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Must communicate well with guests.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to ensure proper delivery amounts and understand portion sizes.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use a knife, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, tap kegs and extend arms overhead to stock items with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to comprehend written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 150 lbs., at a continuous schedule with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to perform duties within temperature ranges, from normal to refrigerated.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- Retrieves orders from storeroom. Visually checks stock received against written requisition with storeroom personnel, to ensure order is accurate. Upon delivery to the bar, re-checks items with bartender for completeness.
- Cuts, slices and peels perishable garnishes and fruits, mixes and pours juices in sufficient amounts according to projected business. Stores back-up supplies needing refrigeration in prescribed containers for later use.
- Checks and assists bartender in maintaining adequate amounts of supplies, i.e., stir sticks, napkins, matches, etc., for both the immediate bar and extended service area.
- Maintains cleanliness of bar area, beer lockers, refrigeration and storage areas to comply with health code standards.
- Scoops ice from ice bins, transports to service areas and replenishes ice containers for usage.
- Boxes and saves empty liquor bottles as they accumulate for later returns and requisitions.
- Transports taps, replaces and performs routine maintenance requirements on heavy beer kegs.
Apply on company website