Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Supervisor Region Operations responsibilities are to manage technicians in specific service areas, and to provide quality residential and business communications services on a profitable basis while adhering to company policies, procedures and directives. Develop and maintain an aggressive, knowledgeable, customer-focused team that promotes and sells Lumen products and services while providing a service experience that exceeds the customer's expectationsThe Main Responsibilities
- Manage the daily operation of outside and inside plant technicians whose work includes the installation and maintenance of residential, business, central office as well as design services and splicing activities.
- You will serve as the single point of contact between Lumen and Contractors to resolve issues arising during the construction and/or maintenance process.
- Motivates team for continuous improvement and achievement of maximum performance.
- This includes a major emphasis on training, coaching and development of employees with regards to new processes and quality standards, customer contact, safety, expense control and technical skills.
- Will represent Lumen with customers and governmental agencies.
- Collaborates with others to achieve a win-win working relationship.
- Celebrates successes, appropriately uses rewards and recognition.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 4+ years of telecommunications industry experience which demonstrates a basic knowledge of telephony, outside plant construction, repair practices and current knowledge of digital switching systems.
- Basic knowledge of emerging and advanced communications technologies including Ethernet, XDSL, XPON, Wireless.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification - Green Belt.
- Effective communication, which involves clearly conveying, delivering and receiving direction.
- Work leadership experience that demonstrates involvement in planning, directing and monitoring the work of others and ability to build group commitment to company goals and objectives.
- Work experience that demonstrates strong analytical and/or problem-solving skills
- Computer skills are required including Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Workflow, GPS, and Inventory systems.
- Working knowledge and experience with Contractor relations.
- Works in a consultative manner with others, i.e. establish rapport, interview/fact-find, present options/recommend solutions, follow-up and customer focused behavior.
- Previous experience in a multi-tasking, result oriented position in a deadline focused department.
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record.
- 2 - 4 years of experience managing teams within a technical environment.
- 2+ years of experience with installation, maintenance, and repair of POTS and HSI.
- 2+ years' experience with contractor/vendor relations.
- 2+ years of experience with Excel, email and legacy systems.
- Duty Management work will be scheduled on a rotation basis and pager duty will be required.
- Requires varying tours and hours including possible mandatory overtime and holidays.
- Must perform work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and perform under pressure.
- Must negotiate timeframes for completion and meet critical deadlines.
- Must be willing and able to work with other co-workers to complete job assignments.
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 247793
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
71460Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.Salary Range Salary Min :
71460Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Apply on company website